Ages 1-6: A chaperone (age 16+) must be in the water with and within arms’ reach of the child at all times.
Ages 7-11: A chaperone (age 16+) must be in the pool area with the child at all times.
Ages 12 and up: Full use of aquatics facilities without a chaperone.
Groups of more than 10 people can request to use any of the Georgetown pools during normal operating hours. Group requests must be made at least two weeks in advance to ensure proper staffing. This request does not guarantee a reservation. Only one group may visit a pool at a time. For additional information please call the Aquatics Office at (512) 930-3541.
>>For Real-Time Pool Updates, click HERE or follow us on Twitter @GtownParksRec
>>Indoor Pool Schedule (updated January 6, 2015)
The GRC Indoor Pool is 25 yards. There are 8 six-foot-deep lap lanes and a transition lane that slopes sideways from three to six feet. There is a three-foot shallow end with water features and areas designed for swimming lessons and relaxing.
We have doors from the men’s and women’s locker rooms out to the pool deck, two family changing rooms and two rinse-off showers on the pool deck as well.
There is a hydraulic chair lift available for disabled patrons who would like to use the facility.
Our programs include water aerobics classes, lap swimming, open/family swim in shallow area, swim lessons for all ages, and swim teams.
There is an Event Room available for rental for birthday parties. Please visit the Event Room page for more information!
If you have questions, please contact Stephanie Darimont, Aquatics Coordinator at (512) 930-3541.
You must purchase a membership or daily access to the entire GRC facility in order to use the Indoor Pool. Please see the Recreation Center page for membership information!
Daily GRC Fees
Children 3 & under are Free
Youth (4-18) $3.00
Adult (19 – 54) $5.00
Senior (55+) $3.00
Looking for space for boy scout swim testing? Please request lane rental space at least 2 weeks in advance. Space and time is limited and will need to be approved and rented ahead of time through Tania Hardaway and the Aquatic department. A certified lifeguard can be provided to sign off on testing if needed. Please email Stephanie.Darimont@georgetown.org or call Tania Hardaway at 512-930-8414 to reserve lanes.
Monday – Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Programming takes up portions of the pool throughout the day. Family or open swim will conclude at a specific time to allow for instruction. Please check regarding times and space availability.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Lap Swim etiquette
If you haven’t had a chance to stop by to check out the new Splash Pool, it’s a must see. With its great features such as water slides, splash fountains, tumble buckets, and water cannons, it’s the new place for family fun!
Admission to the Splash Pool is permitted with a valid GRC membership or Daily Visit to the entire facility. Please visit the Georgetown Recreation Center page for membership rates.
GRC Splash Pool Admission Fees
Children 3 & under are Free
Child (4-9) $2.00
Junior (10-17) $2.00
Adult (18 – 54) $3.00
Senior (55+) $2.00
Unlimited Summer Pool Passes *
Child and Junior (4-17) $55 Resident / $75 Nonresident
Adult (18+) $75 Resident / $100 Nonresident
Family (spouse and dependents) $150 Resident / $200 Nonresident
* A season pass will give you unlimited access to all five of the City of Georgetown PARD Outdoor Pools during operating hours! This includes the River Ridge Pool, Williams Drive Pool, Tennis Center Pool, Village Pool and the Splash Pool at the Georgetown Recreation Center (GRC). The Indoor Pool at the GRC is not included in the Unlimited Summer Pool Pass; you must have a valid Recreation Center membership or purchase a Daily Visit for the facility.
** Season passes are non-refundable and will expire at the end of the summer season.
Monday through Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
The Splash Pool is open during the summer swim season only – Memorial Day through Labor Day. The Summer 2014 pool season will begin Memorial Day weekend – the Splash Pool will be open on Saturday, May 24 from 10 am – 8 pm. The seasonal pools will be CLOSED May 26-30, due to school still being in session. All seasonal pools will then be permanently open for the Summer season beginning Saturday, May 31st and will continue through Labor Day.
Outdoor Pool Rules
1. Chaperone must be at least 16 years of age.
2. Chaperone of children ages 6 and younger must in a bathing suit and be actively participating in the water with their children at all times.
3. Chaperone of children ages 7 – 9 must remain in the Aquatic Area at all times.
4. All swimmers are required to take a cleansing shower before entering the pool.
5. Appropriate swimming attire only. No denim, cut-off shorts, spandex, etc.
6. Swim diapers are required for young children, to be worn under a swimsuit. Regular diapers are prohibited in the pool. Swim diapers are available for purchase if needed.
7. Food, gum and candy are prohibited in the pool area. No glass containers.
8. No running, diving, flips or horse play of any kind.
9. U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation devices only. No water wings or inner tubes allowed.
10. Snorkels and fins must be used in lap lanes only. Masks cannot cover the nose.
11. Do not sit or pull on lap lane ropes. Lap swimming is only allowed in designated lap lanes. Everyone must be prepared to share a lane. Transition lane may be used for water walking.
12. Breath-holding games or breath holding training is not permitted.
13. No animals allowed in the pool area with the exception of service animals.
14. Anyone having open cuts, wounds, etc… is not permitted in the pool.
15. All tobacco products are prohibited.
16. The City of Georgetown is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
17. An admission fee or membership is required to swim prior to or after swim lessons, water aerobics, or scheduled pool parties.
18. Unacceptable behavior is grounds for being removed from the facility.
19. Staff reserves the right to enforce other rules as necessary to ensure the safety of our members and guests.